David Moyes: Full statement


"To have been appointed as manager of Manchester United, one of the biggest football clubs in the world, was and remains something of which I will always be incredibly proud.

"Taking charge after such a long period of continuous stability and success at the club was inevitably going to be a significant challenge, but it was one which I relished and never had a second thought about taking on.

"The scale of the manager's job at United is immense, but I have never stepped away from hard work and the same applies to my coaching staff. I thank them for their dedication and loyalty throughout the last season.

"We were fully focused and committed to the process of the fundamental rebuilding that is required for the senior squad. This had to be achieved whilst delivering positive results in the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League. However, during this period of transition, performances and results have not been what Manchester United and its fans are used to or expect, and I both understand and share their frustration.

"In my short time at the club I have learnt what special places Old Trafford and Carrington are. I would like to thank the United staff for making me feel so welcome and part of the United family from my first day. And of course thank you to those fans who have supported me throughout the season. I wish you and the club all the best for the future.

"I have always believed that a manager never stops learning during his career and I know I will take invaluable experience from my time as United's manager. I remain proud to have led the team to the quarter finals of this year's Champions League and I remain grateful to Sir Alex Ferguson for believing in my ability and giving me the chance to manage Manchester United."

*Taken from independent.co.uk

David Moyes: United confirm sacking


Manchester United have confirmed that David Moyes has been dismissed as manager.

Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson last summer on a six-year contract, but he has been relieved of his duties after Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to Everton, which left the club unable to qualify for the Champions League.

A statement on the club’s official website read: “Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the club.

“The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role.”

*Taken from Soccernet.com

David Moyes set to be sacked?


Manchester United have lost patience with David Moyes and are preparing to sack the Scot, club sources have told ESPN FC.

Newspapers including the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Mail and The Guardian all reported on Monday that the former Everton boss is set to lose his job after the 2-0 defeat at Goodison Park on Sunday.

United did not deny the reports when contacted by ESPN FC, and senior officials at the club later said privately that the sacking is “imminent.”

The sources claimed that the club’s owners, the Glazer family, have been contemplating sacking Moyes since the FA Cup defeat to Swansea City in January and have taken a much more active interest in the matter in the wake of Sunday’s performance.

Meetings took place throughout Monday morning over the manager, with several players said to be disillusioned with his leadership.

ESPN FC reported last month that Moyes, who was appointed Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor on a six-year contract in the summer, had lost the faith of key boardroom figures and his position was under serious threat.

The doubts increased significantly after a defeat at Everton that not only leaves the club unable to qualify for next season’s Champions League but raised serious questions over the players’ commitment to their manager.

The Telegraph, which broke the news of Ferguson’s retirement last season, reported on Monday: “The 50-year-old’s reign could end before Saturday’s Old Trafford encounter with Norwich City if he chooses to seek assurances over his future, which executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is unlikely to be able to offer.”

The Mail said the Glazers and Woodward believe the players have “stopped trying for their manager” and added: “It is understood that the plan now is to sack Moyes at the end of the season but the situation could now come to a head later on Monday or in the coming days. If the former Everton boss is sacked before the season’s end, club legend Ryan Giggs will be asked to take over team affairs.”

The Guardian, meanwhile, said high-level discussions had taken place as to whether Moyes was the right man to spend the 150 million pounds that is available to be invested into the squad this summer.

Following the match at Everton, Moyes said: “They [the supporters] realise it has been a difficult season. They understand it has not been good. I recognise it has not been good -- it needs to be better. Everybody knows that we are on track to make changes and do some different things. We are rebuilding. We have got things we want to do.”

United will finish the campaign with their lowest ever Premier League points total, having lost 11 of their 34 games so far.

*Taken from Soccernet.com


David Moyes' United record

Played (all competitions): 51
Won: 27
Drawn: 9
Lost: 15

Biggest win: Bayer Leverkusen 0-5 Manchester United (Champions League)
Biggest defeats: Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United and Manchester 0-3 Liverpool (both Premier League)

CUP RECORD

Champions League: Quarterfinals
FA Cup: Third round
Capital One Cup: Semifinals
Community Shield: Winners

Juan Mata: United announced signing


Manchester United have announced they have signed Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata for a fee of 37.1 million pounds.

The 25-year-old has moved to Old Trafford giving Chelsea, who signed him from Valencia in 2011 for 23 million pounds, a profit of around 14 million pounds.

Mata passed his medical -- having been linked with a move last week -- and could make his United debut against Cardiff at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

"Chelsea is a top club and I have many friends there but you cannot turn down the chance to join Manchester United. I look forward to helping the manager and the team be successful in the coming years.

"Today is a very happy day for me, I'm very proud to be here. It's amazing knowing that a club like United is interested in me.

“It’s a massive club. I thought ‘wow’ when I heard of the interest. I know this is a big money deal, I’m confident that everything is going to be ok, I will try my best, and I think everything is going to be right because the squad is very good, the manager is very good, the fans are unbelievable so we have everything to succeed.

"To be honest (the transfer) is a bit surprising but I have to say that I’m really grateful to Chelsea, the owner, to people working at the club and the fans, they voted me the best player of the last two seasons, and I will always be grateful to them. The last six months were difficult for me, I didn’t play as much as I wanted to, I understand that football is a team sport so I respected that situation but now with this position, the chance to come to United was a great moment for me to carry on with my career and to enjoy another massive club.

“David De Gea was texting me the last 5/6 days, ‘when are you coming, when are you landing, are you coming by helicopter or bike’!’ At the end I am here, I am very happy to be here with him, because he is a very good friend, he is an amazing goalkeeper and top guy and he was important for me arriving here.

“Obviously a player like me, who tries to score, assist, tries to be a creative player, it will be amazing for me to play with these kind of players, Rooney, RVP, Adnan, Valencia, Chicharito, Welbeck, all of them, they are amazing, they are top level, so I will try to do the best for the team.

“My best position, first of all playing! Playing, because it’s what I love, to play, and to smell the turf. But after I think I can play in the three positions behind the striker, I’ve managed to play on the left when I arrived at Chelsea, this season I play on the right, last season which probably the best season of my career I played behind the striker but it doesn’t matter as long as I play and the manager wants me to play

“I would like to win the Premier League here, it’s a very special trophy for every player who plays in this country and it would be amazing, and I think at this club you can achieve it because this club is used to winning leagues and I will try my best. Obviously I’m still young and I’ve been lucky to win some trophies but I want to win lots more.

“I’m looking forward to playing my first game, to score, and to be happy, to score is the best feeling you can have in this sport so I hope to score soon.”

Manager David Moyes added: "Juan is one of the finest playmakers in the game today and it's a real pleasure to have secured his signature. He's been instrumental in Chelsea's recent success, with a notable 28 assists and 32 goals in his last two Premier League seasons.

"I have been impressed with the excitement he has shown to be part of the new Manchester United. I know our fans have admired Juan for some time now – he has always played well against us – and I know they will be delighted to see him in the red of United, starting on Tuesday."

The club moved for the World Cup winner earlier this week, while Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has also sold winger Kevin De Bruyne and signed midfielder Nemanja Matic in this transfer window.

Mata scored 20 goals for Chelsea last season but has only made 11 league starts in the current campaign and has not featured since the 3-0 win over Southampton on New Year’s Day. He has scored 33 goals in 133 games for Chelsea in all competitions.

*Taken from Soccernet.com
*Picture taken from manutd.com

Mourinho: Juan Mata off to United


Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Juan Mata is set to sign for Manchester United having been given permission to meet the club and have a medical.

It is the first time anyone from either club has made any comment on the transfer, with ESPN sources on Wednesday revealing that a 37 million-pound deal had been agreed to take Mata to Old Trafford.

The deal is now in its final stages and should be completed ahead of United's home game with Cardiff City on Tuesday.

Mourinho also revealed the transfer of Mohamed Salah to the club moved very quickly once the "surprise" sale of Mata was agreed, with the Basel player seemingly stolen from under the noses of Liverpool -- just as Willian was in August.

In his press conference ahead of Sunday's FA Cup tie against Stoke City, Mourinho said: “Things are really going in a good direction and I think sooner rather than later things will be finalised."

Asked why Chelsea had taken such a decision over a player so popular, the manager said it was out of “respect” for him.

“I think this club is a special club, it cares with people, and is respectful with the players, especially with the players that wrote the history of the club, and Juan is one of these cases. I think, and I still think, he could be important for us and of course he’s a fantastic player.

"In spite of not playing for us, especially in the last period, he could be a very important player for us but Juan had this fantastic opportunity, another big club wants him, in a country where he loves to be and loves to play.

"It is an offer that is the right offer for us, so in spite of probably many clubs, many boards and many managers who think you shouldn't sell a top player to a rival club, especially not in the same country you play, we feel and we think differently.

"The player deserves respect, deserves to be happy and play where he wants to play, and because the offer is obviously what we consider the right offer for the quality of the player, we allowed him to negotiate with them, and didn’t close the door.

“It’s a good offer. I don’t want to say one more million, one less million, it’s a good offer, respectful to us, respectful to the value of the player that allows us to try to bring in another player, because we need another player.

"We still have fantastic profit on the investment Chelsea made in the past with Juan, and with the two deals, Juan and Kevin de Bruyne [to Wolfsburg], we have put ourselves in a very good position in relation to financial fair play.

“I asked him 'are you really happy to go,' and he was saying 'yes, I am really happy to go,' so after that we have mixed emotions. Here we are all happy, but at the same time we are all sad and I think for him it was a bit the same:  very happy to go from Chelsea to Man United, still in England, still in Premier League, probably with guarantees that he’s going to play, and going to be important player for them.

"We decided not to stop him, it’s good for Juan, good for the Premier League and the offer, with financial terms for us, is the right offer. Compared to what the club played two years ago it is fantastic.”

On Salah, Mourinho confirmed that he has spoken to the player and been told he wants to come to Chelsea, but the “situation is still open.” Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still believes he has a chance of winning the race for the Egyptian.

"It was a surprise for us Juan was leaving, we were not prepared to make a bid [for Salah] so everything happened very fast. We tried to work on that and see which could be good options for us. So when we try for Salah, we go from zero.

"We didn't even know who the player's agent is. The first step was agreement with Basel... it's subject to a medical."

*Taken from Soccernet.com

Moyes: Wayne Rooney near legendary status


David Moyes feels Wayne Rooney is on the verge of becoming “one of the great legends” at Manchester United as he establishes himself as a leader at the club.

Rooney, 28, has enjoyed a return to form since Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer, and he was key to Saturday’s 3-1 victory over West Ham United as he dropped deeper to create the chances that won the game.

Moyes said Rooney was “great” in that more withdrawn role and stressed that the England forward is developing an awareness of his influence at the club.

“Do you know what I see more than anything in Wayne? I see leadership. I see somebody who wants to take responsibility for the team. I see somebody who cares for how he plays and how the team plays. More than anything, that is what I see from Wayne,” he told the British media.

“Maybe if he is not quite at the top of his form I will need him to drop in at times and he has no problem doing any of the jobs. He is getting to an age now where he realises he is not a boy any more. He is one of the senior men in the team. He is actually on the verge of being one of the great legends at this club.

“Because of that, I think he is saying: 'I have got to take responsibility for results and for performances and make sure the players are doing it on the pitch.' The players are responding.”

With Robin van Persie currently sidelined with a thigh injury, there is greater responsibility on Rooney to lead the attack, but Moyes has said he will not sign another striker next month and believes Danny Welbeck -- who scored the opener on Saturday -- is now showing his worth.

“The thing levelled at Danny was: ‘Could he score?’ He is beginning to make a contribution to the goal tally, which we want,” he said of the England international, who now has five Premier League goals from 11 appearances this season. “Because of that it is certainly helping Wayne and Robin as well.

“It will give me a headache. We need to get Robin back and we need to have Danny scoring goals because, overall, we have relied a lot on Wayne.”

*Taken from Soccernet.com

Michael Carrick: agrees new United deal

GettyImages: Carrick was named in the PFA's Team of the Year last season.

Michael Carrick is set to sign a new contract at Manchester United after agreeing to an extended deal, according to the Daily Mail.

Michael Carrick has completed 674 passes in the Premier League this term.

Carrick, 32, is currently out for up to six weeks with an Achilles injury but had established himself as a key member of David Moyes’ side, starting 13 of the first 15 games of the season.

And with his current deal set to expire next summer, it looks as though United have moved to keep him at Old Trafford for longer.

The Daily Mail reports his new contract will run until the summer of 2016 and include the option of a further year.

The England international has long declared he is happy at Old Trafford and the expectation has been that a new contract would be finalised at some stage.

The former West Ham midfielder joined the club for 18.6 million pounds from Tottenham in 2006 so, if he sees out his next deal, will have completed a decade of service at Old Trafford.

He has made 333 appearances for United, winning five league titles and the 2008 Champions League.

However, Carrick’s absence could leave United short of central midfielders for Sunday’s trip to Cardiff.

Phil Jones, who partnered him in the middle of the pitch in the 1-0 win over Arsenal, has been ruled out of England’s friendly against Germany with a groin injury while Marouane Fellaini has been delaying surgery on a wrist problem.

Moyes is also waiting to see when Darren Fletcher, who is yet to make a competitive appearance this season, is fit to make his first-team comeback.

*Taken from Soccernet

Top Se7en

end

Disclaimer

This is a fansite by Malaysian who support Manchester United. The author has not upload any of the video clip that is avalaible in this site. All those video clips are uploaded by a third party. And please support your team, Manchester United faithfully. United we stand!